{Fear:Love} Part 1

Before you get hissy about my title, hear me out first.

My week has been filled with some confusion and then some c l a r i t y, and then confusion again!!!! But with prayer, some guidance, advice, and council, I have tried to put my best foot forward and NOT over analyze the situation.

In my head I never fantisized about meeting a prince of any kind, a knight in shining armor (which I used to call night and shining armor when I was little). Okay, maybe I thought 'my Wesley would come for me', but that was the only fictional one...... I mean c'mon, Cary Elwes {hubba hubba} I don't think I even considered the f a n c i e s t of them all, MR. RIGHT. Nope, the guys I've liked have been Mr. Right Now's. That's just me being an honest girl. I have had crushes on many guys, but had never dated any of them. What's that you say? Never dated?! GASPPPPP!!! How have you functioned?
I will tell you my secret that's not really a secret, but it did keep me out of a lot of pain and heart ache. When I was in high school, I knew then what I wanted in a guy, albeit, standards have changed since my prepubescent stage of life.
I wouldn't date someone who is going to be a hinderance to me. People think it's a snotty comment to make, or that I think I'm better than {fill in the blank}, but it's none of those. I have learned that having standards aren't a bad thing, as long as you don't let those standards crush compassion that you should have on people.
Standards are set by the person and morals are where you're concerned with the principles or rules of right conduct or the distinction between right and wrong, usually something you have seen in your life due to how you were raised.

To be continued............. I'll talk more about where the fear in love is for me, and how I realized "the ONE" is a weird way of building false love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ugo {III} Conclusion

Special Treat // Friday Covers

The Romance is Over.