Inspired Travels {Motorcycling Road trips} Mondays

Inspired by Charley Boorman and Ewan McGregor's tv series documentary called Long Way Round. They both rode these sweet BMW touring bikes and had their bikes packed up and ready to travel 19 countries across Europe. Takes backpacking to a whole other level.
Some countries required heavy identification. Some of their ride musings resulted in accidents along the way, doctors visits, and blistering and broken bodies.

I watched it and immediately wanted to do the same.
                                                                        the bike

BMW R1150GS Manufactured by BMW between 1999 and 2005.
The other bike if this isn't in the cards...
Honda 350
Part of my reasoning for liking this build and type of bike is the smaller body frame. I don't like massive motorcycles. A friend of mine has a sweet 70s Honda Motorcycle, red, and it suits her because she's really petite. Her and her dad are fixing up another Honda and planning on selling it. I would like to purchase it. I was considering a Vespa, but I can take a motorcycle further than a Vespa on a road trip.

I would start my travels in the U.S. first and then do a European trip. But I'd probably take fairies, buses, trains, and bicycling.
I plan on visiting a lot of the west coast because I've never been, but I'd love to take a ride through the Carolina's, Virginia, and the colonial states.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in Laundromat Translation

The Romance is Over.

Ugo {III} Conclusion