Leaving on a Jet Plane

I should be on a plane heading to Italy today. 
The dates may be different, but I should be on my way in the next 24 hours.

I thought that I would give you a cute little update about how I'm feeling
about the next 3 months.
I know I will be a different woman when I come back and I am looking forward to that. I am also trying to fight the nerves of how different a person I will be. Learning to be a stronger woman in my faith and really, really, really be living in faith.
I have found ways to do that in little ways wherever I am, but three months in a different country without the usual amenities that I might be used to. But it will help me to detach from a lot of distractions that I openly let take up my time and energy.
I am looking forward to not having immediate accessibility to my phone, computer, tv, etc.

Now you know I most likely will not be detached from my camera since I really like documenting
everyday things, and this is one opportunity I will not be sure of getting back unless God points it in that direction.

In which case I will actively be working and raising money on my own and if anyone should want to donate, they can. But I will probably not be asking for financial aid. I was told to be aggressive about asking people for money and while I believe that if God wanted me to go on the trip, He would provide a way. What I don't like and never have liked is asking/pestering people for money. Support I can ask for because that could mean anything. But money is a weird and touchy issue in regards to missions trips if people aren't fully aware of what they're supposed to be about, even after explanation.

Now, that's all the detail I'll really get into for now. I'm hoping to be able to blog a few times before 
I get to a foreign country.

Like I said, it was a cute post. :)

Cheers all family and friends who are reading and continue to read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in Laundromat Translation

The Romance is Over.

Special Treat // Friday Covers