Feelings We Feel


La Douleur Exquise 

(French):

 The heart-wrenching pain of wanting someone you can’t have.


Why is this the case?
Single life has had me asking that question often.
I have never gotten a clear answer except, he's not it.

Later on down the road I am more equipped in
my thoughts to know why things didn't work out.
But that moment in time that seems like it 
encompasses your entire world is a great
deal of frustration and anger.

Sometimes of inadequacy.
When I feel that way, I know that I was never
really ready to handle the very thing I wanted so badly.
I have not had to ask myself this question
for a good while. I'm grateful for that.
I presume God has actively stripped
away all distraction of this being of importance to me.

I'm okay with that. I hope to be settled in it if it 
should be the case in 6 months, or even another year.
But God help me, if I must continue waiting. I need to 
bear the strongest heart that I could.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in Laundromat Translation

The Romance is Over.

Ugo {III} Conclusion