British Music//Tunesday

If you have not realized it yet, I am completely and irrevocably in love 
with the impact that British music plays in my life.
I can't help it. I just have a fascination with British music.
I don't know if it's because musically they have managed to preserve 
the style of music that was so deeply rooted in American culture.

Don't worry, I'm not discrediting the amazing American musicians that are still alive today
and cracking out the same beautiful music they did all that time ago.
As a society, we have somehow succumbed to the pressures of pop music becoming the
general music of todays airwaves.
What happened to really great music that didn't have a dub to step to?
(Nothing wrong with it in good taste)
How many breakup songs with weak lyrics are we going to have to listen to?
(I get it, people break up. But there is an inherent difference between singing "We are never ever ever getting back together. You go talk to your friends, talk to my friends, talk to me, but we are never ever ever ever getting back together!"and "Tears and fears and feeling proud. To say "I love you" right out loud. Dreams and schemes and circus crowds, I've looked at life that way.")

I'm not going to act like I don't hum along or yell at the top of my lungs to guilty pleasure bands,
but I still prefer substance and longevity over immaturity and pop culture.
But my heart patters over the music. 
Some of my favorites:
Bombay Bicycle Club
Ben Howard
Lucy Rose
Daughter
Florence + the Machine
Adele
Coldplay
Keane

The list could literally go on and on.

Well I'm babbling now and need to draw it to a close.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in Laundromat Translation

The Romance is Over.

Ugo {III} Conclusion