No Blogger Today//Macklemore

\Conscious Rap/

If you've heard of this term, then no need to read it. If you haven't, it is basically rap
that talks about substantial topics. Mixed with a few pop culture references, but mainly
a political genre of rap/hip hop.

Mos Def (also a fantastic actor)

 Common (actor and writer)

Pharrell (literally does everything)

Talib Kweli (pioneers of conscious rap/hip hop)

Ben Haggerty aka Macklemore

Lupe Fiasco (has spoken/taught a class at colleges)



Tupac (had a lot to say, and died too soon)


--to name a few, are considered conscious rappers.
While I don't agree with everything they rap about, and some of their
more selective language, people are finding themselves drawn to this
style of rap. They see it more as poetry of rap and not violence of rap.

To be honest, I'm not much of a rap fan. I think I can stand a good beat, and a great rhyme,
but to listen to it constantly... it's not really my taste of music. I think I lean more towards R&B/hip hop.
Probably moreso from the 80s and early 90s. Run DMC, Bone Thugs & Harmony, Boyz II Men.

So, back to Macklemore, I have heard some of his stuff before. I don't hate it, but it's not my cuppa.
I do however fancy his style. Which is part of the reason why I wanted to post something on him.
He has very unique tastes in clothing, and I just like his overall style.
So here are some pictures and that is all she wrote. :)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in Laundromat Translation

The Romance is Over.

Ugo {III} Conclusion