Little Nuances

When I people watch, I like to observe family dynamics and couples with babies, and young married couples who can't take their eyes off each other.

I like when I see the simple transactions between young married couples that reveal things that could be easily overlooked. I was eating breakfast at a cafe and spotted a younger married couple that had come in with a baby carrier that housed their 2 month old. The husband placed the infant on the bench next to where he sat; while the wife got up to make an order. The sun was up and shining, the first day it's been like that since I've paid my visit to the rainy city of Seattle and where the husband was located, the wife had the sun directly beaming into her face. He switched spots with her so that he was now sitting in the sun, and she was in the tiny cove of shade that was provided by the nook.
I thought, about how sweet and simple that one moment was, that he cared so sincerely for her and her needs before his own.


Written back in 2014 I suppose, but never published, only edited several times.
I have nothing more to add to it, except that I hope to go through life treating people in that manner. No matter how exhausting it is and can be when it is not a gesture that is often reciprocated, I pray that my heart never hardens for wanting to see and meet people's needs before they say anything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ugo {III} Conclusion

Special Treat // Friday Covers

The Romance is Over.