Waiting vs Not Waiting

A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment.
Jane Austen

The bitter truth of Jane Austen, as much as one doesn't want to think that way about themselves, this statement is mostly true. We all want to be loved, to love, and to experience love in our lifetimes, but sometimes we sacrafice the importance of a healthy relationship for the feeling of being in lust and confusing it with love.
The debate of the waiters vs the non waiters has been ongoing as long as I've been the appropriate age to consider dating, courting, or marriage. Some of the friends who have been in relationships tell me I'm missing out, and the waiting friends tell me that the wait is worth it in the end.
I have conflicting feelings on both sides. While I feel like being in a relationship at this point in my life will be one of the best things that has happened to me, I don't feel as if my heart has been bruised and battered by dating multiple gentleman in order to find what it is that I want when its been made clear to me in the waiting process. On the other side of the fence lies the waiting, and being 25 and still single. The only thing I get from that is the stigma of society that I should have been married by now, with 2.5 kids, living in a home in the burbs with my fairly successful and dapper husband who is of the same ethnic race as me and college educated.
With the way things have changed in our society and the social norms, I think that I am just one of many young college educated women who has had to put that portion of her life on hold to finish up schooling. I am not saying that it isn't possible to do it all, but I know with my background in multi tasking everything, I can't do it all, something would not get my attention and that would be a shame if I married someone and was supposed to be involved in a healthy partnership with them in our marriage and I couldn't even give of myself emotionally, let alone physically.
I just wanted to be able to write this blog with the hopes of helping other singles waiting to date, or marry and not be discouraged. You aren't the only ones out there, and it will pick up, just don't sell yourselves short.

Next Blog: What to do when you're still single and all your friends are starting to date, get married, or have babies?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in Laundromat Translation

The Romance is Over.

Special Treat // Friday Covers